CloakCoin Official Forum

News: Welcome to the new CloakCoin Forum! Please read our Rules: https://forum.cloakcoin.com/index.php?topic=16.0

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Thanks for the reply. I know it's only a small amount per year, I was just thinking that if it does pay out regularly, that not generating a few satoshi in this time indicates I haven't got it running correctly. I'm unfamiliar with PoS, but it does seem likely that rewards will be batched to reduce the number of transactions, so my setup is probably fine. If anyone knows more detail about the algo, I'm interested.
Hello feltham,

It will take quite a bit of time to see any minting ammount, because it is related with amount of coins you have, coin age of those coins and dificulty. I dont now how the algo works exactly but with a small ammount with little coin age and high dificulty its minting in such small fraction 6% of 4.98 is 0,3 after a year
Hi,
I followed the guide to setup a wallet on a raspberry pi 3 with the premade image, sent it some coins and all seems to work. I've unlocked it for staking, but I don't know if it's actually doing that. How can I tell? I've also added enigma=1 to the conf file. It's been running for 12 hours, here's the output from getinfo
Code: [Select]
{
    "version" : "v2.0.2.0 'DEFENDER'",
    "protocolversion" : 60018,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 4.98000000,
    "newmint" : 0.00000000,
    "stake" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 1638246,
    "moneysupply" : 4973767.34543000,
    "connections" : 9,
    "proxy" : "",
    "ip" : "my.ip.was.here",
    "difficulty" : 1266.21888369,
    "testnet" : 0,
    "keypoololdest" : 1500590848,
    "keypoolsize" : 102,
    "paytxfee" : 0.01000000,
    "unlocked_until" : 1501628812,
    "errors" : "",
    "anons" : 203,
    "cloakings" : 0
}

No cloakings so no enigma transactions as yet, as expected as I have very little in the wallet, but my balance is exactly the 4.98 I put in, shouldn't minting have increased that ever so slightly by now?
Hi powcow,

You need to rescan your wallet. Follow this instructions:

- First right click on cloakcoin shortcut, then properties

- Then on the 'Target:' path add '-rescan' option to the existing path.

For example: the path looks like this: \Program Files (x86)\Cloakcoin\cloakcoin-qt.exe" you need to put it like this: \Program Files (x86)\Cloakcoin\cloakcoin-qt.exe" -rescan

(Screenshot of dialog after right click on cloakcoin shortcut)
http://imgur.com/a/sBwjj

- Save

- Restart wallet and wait for rescan to be over

-After sucessfull rescan remove the -rescan option from shortcut path.
General Discussion / Re: Plans for instant transactions?
« Last post by exslave on July 18, 2017, 09:22:30 AM »
Hi guys,

About instant transactions it isn't a priority for now because of Cloakcoin's fast confirmation times, every possible scenario has been discussed but for the moment we havent moved into that direction because we need to address more pressing issues.

After migration to the new codebase a lot of goodies will come but for now you can find the latest dev update here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=823143.msg19911099#msg19911099
General Discussion / Re: Plans for instant transactions?
« Last post by CloakedNeophyte on July 17, 2017, 09:11:07 PM »
From what I understand, the average block time of CloakCoin is 60 seconds, making it about 10x faster than bitcoin.

As for the instant transaction question, I, too, wonder if an "InstantX" style system could be implemented in Enigma. Is this in the works at all?

CloakCoin Wallet Linux / Re: CloakCoin deamon on Raspberry stops working randomly
« Last post by Global on July 17, 2017, 08:04:21 PM »
I am using the one from the guide: full image of Raspbian Jessie Lite + cloackcoind + web UI.

I will try to move my Raspberry Pi to a cooler room and see if it helps.
CLOAK Mobile Android / Re: converting private key to mini-private-key
« Last post by exslave on July 17, 2017, 05:27:01 PM »
Hi Geebo,

Currently there is no way to convert a private key into a mini private key
CloakCoin Wallet Linux / Re: CloakCoin deamon on Raspberry stops working randomly
« Last post by exslave on July 17, 2017, 05:19:20 PM »
Hi Global,

that could be related to overheating on the Pi, what image did you use?
While my wallet was still snycing, I was able to still use the wallet. I copied my wallet address to the clipboard and sent some cloak coin from another Cloak wallet to this address.
My target address was verified correct.
My syncing wallet never received the coins after 24 hours of still syncing
I backed up my wallet.dat, uninstalled and reinstalled the wallet.
I updated the newly installed wallet with my backed up wallet.dat so that I can see the wallet address that I originally sent the Cloak coins to.
The newly installed wallet synced successfully but I do not see the coins that I sent originally even though the wallet shows the correct / same address that I sent the original Cloak coins to.
When i check the block explorer, I can see that the coins were sent successfully to the address successfully with 190 confirmations.
Any way to get these to show up in my wallet? Or, are these lost forever?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10