CloakCoin Official Forum

News: Welcome to the new CloakCoin Forum! Please read our Rules: https://forum.cloakcoin.com/index.php?topic=16.0

Question on Wallet and seed recovery (Read 184 times)

forevernewbie

more
    • View Profile
Question on Wallet and seed recovery
March 15, 2017, 10:08:22 PM
1. I actually installed the app on my phone and received a 12 word seed.
2. If I needed to recover my coins where would I input the seed, on the phone app or windows pc app, other?
3. Since I installed the app on my phone and would like to choose the same seed so I have the same account on my Windows PC version is this possible. Where would I put my seed information on the Windows app, or would I need to get the seed from the Windows app first. I haven't deposited any money from the exchange to an app yet, but would like to know how this process would work. Thanks!

Fressdrache

more
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
hello!
Its very good that you test and play with it.
with the 12 word seed you are able to recover your wallet. unfortunatly the desktop wallet is no HD wallet that support such seeds. But we are going to implement this feature there too. So if you want to restore, i install the mobile wallet and enter the words.
best regards,
fressdrache

doktor1897

more
  • Team
    • View Profile
good project with new idea and inovations

forevernewbie

more
    • View Profile
Thanks for the response Fress. So it sounds like the coins are safe and be retrieved from the seed on my phone but not on the Windows application?
If I have coins on the installed Windows app and it crashes and burns, how would I recover the coins?

Fressdrache

more
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
You are right!
From the windows (,linux and mac) wallet you have a file that is called wallet.dat
In this file is the storage for your keys for the access to your coins in the blockchain.

So all you need to backup is the wallet.dat file.

https://www.cloakcoin.com/en/faq/how-to-backup-a-wallet-dat-file.html