CloakCoin Official Forum

News: Welcome to the new CloakCoin Forum! Please read our Rules: https://forum.cloakcoin.com/index.php?topic=16.0

CloakCoin deamon on Raspberry stops working randomly (Read 160 times)

Global

more
    • View Profile
Hi fellow cloakers,

After reading about cloak and the ability to use a raspberry to stake/mint i was very interested. I bought a Raspbery 3.0 and followed the instructions on the website. Everything seems to work fine, except for the deamon randomly stopping. Sometimes it runs for a few days but sooner or later it will stop working. I will get the following message after trying to load the cloak web ui for my Raspberry:

Failed to retrieve data from the daemon, please check your configuration, and ensure that your coin daemon is running:
 exception 'Exception' with message 'Unable to connect to http://mylogin@localhost:port' in /var/www/html/cloak/jsonRPCClient.php:140 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/cloak/header.php(39): jsonRPCClient->__call('getinfo', Array) #1 /var/www/html/cloak/header.php(39): jsonRPCClient->getinfo() #2 /var/www/html/cloak/index.php(9): include('/var/www/html/c...') #3 {main}.

Is there anyone that had this problem and knows how to solve this problem?

Kind regards,
Global

exslave

more
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi Global,

that could be related to overheating on the Pi, what image did you use?

Global

more
    • View Profile
I am using the one from the guide: full image of Raspbian Jessie Lite + cloackcoind + web UI.

I will try to move my Raspberry Pi to a cooler room and see if it helps.

Global

more
    • View Profile
I put it somewhere cooler, it feels fine to the touch.

After three days i was excited, maybe this would work and i went on holiday (yay!). Only to find out one day later it was down again :(

Any other suggestions?