CloakCoin Official Forum

News: Welcome to the new CloakCoin Forum! Please read our Rules: https://forum.cloakcoin.com/index.php?topic=16.0

Cloakcoin server (Read 35 times)

siri77

more
    • View Profile
Cloakcoin server
October 01, 2017, 08:00:36 AM
Running a CloakCoin server for a few months, and regularly have to check it and reboot every few days.  Very annoying.

Setting that aside, on my last reboot,  I am getting the following error:

CloakCoin: Unable to bind to 0.0.0.0:12788 on this computer. CloakCoin is probably already running.
CloakCoin: Failed to listen on any port. Use -listen=0 if you want this.

I am running Ubuntu server, and I am at the point of being a self described script kiddie with Linux rather than a full fledged and aspiring server operator!  Any help in upgrading my understanding of Linux would be helpful!

Thanks

alby6969

more
    • View Profile
#1 Re: Cloakcoin server
October 01, 2017, 11:57:02 AM
Have you got the latest version?

I have been running the latest version in Linux mint for a while now and it is minting ok. The only think that is a bit annoying is every time I close it and open the Cloakcoin program again my minting 'Weight' changes every time. The other day it said my weight was 501.Then I quit and opened again and my weight was 250.

I am not sure if that weight they give you even affects the minting but I thought it should stay the same as I have 1500 coins in there at all times.

siri77

more
    • View Profile
#2 Re: Cloakcoin server
October 03, 2017, 02:16:53 AM
Run 2.0.2.1 Defender.

It seems have started working,  but been 0 connections for the past little bit!  Kind of annoying!

siri77

more
    • View Profile
#3 Re: Cloakcoin server
October 03, 2017, 02:47:50 AM
I also have a question about the addnode=https://explorer.cloakcoin.com  line that is in the CloakCoin.conf

Do add node lines need to be in the config file?